Wednesday, December 17, 2014

TM Report: Naugatuck State Forest

Date: 12/17/2014
Report Type: TM Report
Trail Name: Naugatuck State Forest
Town: Oxford
Trail Conditions: Wet - unrideable

Observations/Information: Continued work on my brush project at the logging site at the bend in the fire road.

Rode the orange beast down the fire road from the Hunters Mountain lot. (Did NOT, of course, ride on the trail itself since it's a soggy mess. Walked and/or carried it.)

Most of the brush is cleared from just in from the fire road, to the little stream crossing (.3-ish miles in).

There are still a few bigger logs out closer to the fire road that (a) are too big for my hand tools and (b) are in substantial wet patches. These are, for the most part, ride-overable when it eventually dries/freezes. Shouldn't be a problem for the FD's gators, either.


I saw yet another smiley - this time painted on a rock - so I added to my collection of "Stinky + Smiley" photos. 8^)

There were a few branches down on the fire road - kicked 'em off as I saw them.

Not sure when's the next time I'll get in there, but methinks I'm roughly halfway done at this point.

Trail Ambassador Name: John Joy
Trail Ambassador E-mail: jmj [at] savagejoy [dot] com
How did you use the trail? Trail Maintenance
Trails Ridden:
Time of day: Afternoon
Time/Duration (hours): 2-ish (including getting in and out)
Approximate Distance (Miles): 1.1 to get there, .25 worked on, and 1.1 back

No comments: