Saturday, November 21, 2015

Larkin State Bridle Trail

Date: 11/21/2015
Report Type: TA Report
Trail Name: Larkin State Bridle Trail
Town: Southbury/Oxford
Trail Conditions: Leafy


Observations/Information: Okay, it was a ride so trivial as not to be worth making a TA report... except it was my first time on two wheels since the crash in August, so it's cause for celebration.

I took the Wo on the Larkin from Southford to Christian Street and back (a whopping four miles round trip). Line was wobbly, legs and lungs working more than I expected. No speed records were broken, and the most "technical" thing I had to do was dodge "road apples" (it IS a bridle trail, after all). No matter - I'm officially back! (That said, I thoroughly expect to get a lecture @ physical therapy on Monday.)
Yes, backwards (I was in front of the bike)
TM = none. One item of note: at least the ones I came to, the road crossings now feature little stop signs (which weren't there my last trip through a few months ago).

Many joggers in evidence but no other bikes while I was there.

http://www.mapmytracks.com/explore/activity/1982776

Trail Ambassador Name: John Joy
Trail Ambassador E-mail: jmj [at] savagejoy [dot] com
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Time of day: Morning
Time/Duration (hours): 0:30
Approximate Distance (Miles): 4

No comments: